After hanging barn doors, keep them clean and in working order. Because they’re not exposed to the elements, interior sliding barn doors require very little maintenance beyond normal cleaning. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintaining the doors and door hardware. Here are some general cleaning tips:
- Routinely wipe down the hardware and track with a soft cloth and mild cleaner.
- Use oil soap formulated for wood to clean the door.
- Clean glass inserts with glass cleaner.
- Don’t use harsh cleaners that contain bleach.
- Don’t use coarse rags or steel wool on the door or the door hardware.
- Tighten screws if they loosen and replace any hardware if it becomes damaged.