Silver Grey (813)
SIKKENS CETOL HLSE
- Microporous allowing the timber to breathe while repelling unwanted moisture
- Wood grain remains visible after application
- Long lasting UV and weather resistant
- Resists blistering, peeling and mould
- Can also be used as an interior timber coating*
- Simple maintenance
- Satin finish|
- Finishing coat:
- Exterior softwood and hardwood substrates such as timber decks, outdoor walk on surfaces and outdoor timber furniture.
- Base coat:
- Exterior softwood and hardwood joinery, cladding, fascia boards, gates and doors.
Smooth planed timber: approx. 12 to 16m² per litre
Rough sawn wood: approx. 4 to 8m² per litre
Number of Coats:
3 coats when using as a finishing coat.
1 coat when using as a primer.
New or unseasoned hardwood such as Merbau (Kwila), Spotted Gum, Tallowwood, Jarrah and Ironbark contain natural tannins. These tannins need to be extracted prior to coating.
This will happen naturally over a period of 3-6 months depending on exposure, or the process can be accelerated using Sikkens Cetol Tannin & Oil Removerfollowed by Sikkens Cetol Deck & Wood Cleaner.